Yeast in keto recipes

Yeast in keto recipes

Hi all!

I couldn't find the answers that I needed during my research and, as much as I'd like to, I just can't put in any more time on studying yeast-ology so have ultimately decided to consult other keto masters. My inquiry mostly surrounds improving flavour/achieving a bread flavour, but all keto-centric yeast input is welcome.

I have so far experimented a grand total of two (2) times with (instant/rapid-rise etc) yeast in keto baking.

In the first instance, I added it as the final ingredient. My reasoning for this is using psyllium husk and adding boiling water to get the best results out of the psyllium husk (feel free to correct me in this one). I understand that temperatures above 50C will kill the instant yeast so waited for the mixture to cool down before kneading the yeast into it. I let it rest for a bit (while I prepared the rest of my dinner) and... nothing happened in terms of the rise, although it did have a cheesy hint to it.

Second occurence was more nonchalant, I don't recall at what point I added the instant yeast but I paid no attention to the temperature nor the order of the dry ingredients (including the yeast)... I almost want to say that it left an incredibly subtle bread aftertaste, but not entirely sure if I placebo'd my way into that impression... I also ran out of the final product before making my conclusion. :')

I guess my question is quite a general one, I am interested in knowing everyone's (preferably keto) experiences with yeast, instant or otherwise.

Thank you in advance for any answers and also for taking the time to read my long post!

submitted by /u/flynnifoo
[link] [comments]

https://ift.tt/3qJfadq

via Keto Recipes - Low Carb Recipes for Ketogenic Diets https://ift.tt/1NrQdJd

March 16, 2021 at 05:35AM

Post a Comment

0 Comments